Friday, August 22, 2008

Rugged Thoughts again.....

Do I think for myself ?Am I a rugged individualist?

OK here's one question.

Do you have the same religious beliefs as your parents?Or the same ones as your romantic partner or social group? I answer "maybe" and I don't think I have done an in-depth objective analysis.So here I am with my point.

Religion is a personal matter. And what one believe does not mean another does. So leave your views out of my place. And out of politics. Politicians should be open to the views of all, not just one group. They are supposed to represent the nation. Not just whichever religious group bitches the most or takes majority space.

If people are asked what music, movies, etc they like, what comes out of their mouth is whatever is currently popular in general...PINK FLOYD , NIRVANA blah blah .
Why do people tend to like what other people like?

To me, the real key thing is connecting the analysis around individuals’ life experiences to the insight that all systems of power are interconnected.Or maybe its just that some individual people experience multiple forms of oppression with all systems so called civilization.But as a Dimajik woman from Assam, I experience sexism on the oppressed side. THANK GOD !

So I have proved my point now ;-)

Ahhhhhh, I love to find out why folks do the silly things they do.

No comments:

Down the memory lane…

Down the memory lane I have had beautiful friends around me who were solely responsible for the eidetic memory I have. The memories have be...