Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend out-of-town



After much consideration I decided to say yes to weekend out-of-town plan & went to see Taj Mahal.. I have to say it was one of the best sites I've seen in a long while. Shah Jahan is brilliant,.He made an extremely high-budget monument.Really great.I wonder if he was a bombast who wanted to flaunt some unique insight, or whether he’s just an idiot lover whose main point was to show off . But I can imagine, it is difficult not to feel bereaved.

Agra is ugly, polluted, noisy, full of garbage, horribly overrun by taxis and beautifully populated by hawkers. But I had the utmost pleasure of spending massive amounts of quality time with cousins , Kimshain & Rajeev. Family time plus lots of rural scenery plus my absurdly complicated camera.At one moment I cursed my luck that I was employed.The day was particularly clean and blue and warm, feeling more April than January.

Alrite ! Blogging from office is wrong...will come back later. :)

No comments:

Down the memory lane…

Down the memory lane I have had beautiful friends around me who were solely responsible for the eidetic memory I have. The memories have be...